Wednesday, December 27, 2006

recuperation

So it's been a week and a half since my little spat with gravity and the mountain. You'll be pleased to hear that my knee is healing quite nicely. It took about 5 days before the wounds scabbed over completely, so I'm glad about that. I still need to take some IB-profin every once in a while to keep the swelling down. It doesn't really hurt any more, but my right knee is still noticeably larger than my left one, and it's still a little stiff.

I went with Mom today to help her distribute some flyers in her real estate farm area. I probably walked a total of 2 miles. My knee felt a little weak, and every once in a while, I'd land on it wrong and it'd almost give out. It felt good to get out and exercise it for a while. Maybe I'll try to ride a bike a little bit once I get to Austin.

On a side note, I have a love-hate relationship with scabs. I like them because they keep my precious bodily fluids inside my body, where they belong. I like them because underneath their ugly exterior, pink, new skin is growing. I like pink new skin, btw. I hate them because when the new skin is growing, they itch something awful. They are just begging me to scratch scratch scratch. (un)Fortunately, I know better, but that doesn't keep me from wanting to do it.

No comments: