Tuesday, August 30, 2005

apologies

So I wrote the xgf an apology email today. I know, I know, it has only been a week, but you can do a lot of thinking in a week. While I'm not completely over her, I am over her enough to realize that I'm no longer mad at her for breaking up with me, but more just angry at the situation.

Sarah is coming to visit this weekend. It should be fun. I think we'll go kayaking at Town lake and go see the bats, and then maybe 6th street. Woo hoo!

I went kayaking today with Miranda, another grad student. She's from Massachussets, and bought a brand new kayak for $900. Quite pricey, if you ask me. I guess I can't complain, since I'm going to drop ~$500 on a road bike once I get my paycheck in October.

Speaking of which, I will have to be very frugal this next month. I have not recieved a paycheck since the beginning of August, and I will not recieve my first paycheck until October 1st. Probably a good thing that happy hour this friday is paid for by the astronomy department...

Alright... Classes start tomorrow. I should probably drink some water. Going to class with a hangover is probably not the best way to start off 5+ years of grad school.

1 comment:

crystal said...

I wish I could be hanging out with you in Austin!